Programme leader: Sadovskii Michael Georgievich
About the programme:
The programme is focused on studying the nature and its laws; usage of biological systems in industrial and medical purposes and nature conservation.
The objects of studying are the following: biological systems of different organization types; their life and evolution; biological, bioengineering and biomedical technologies; biological assessment and monitoring; assessment and restoration of biodiversity.
Aim of the programme:
To prepare highly-qualified personnel with the advanced scientific and pedagogical skills. Graduates will posses the fundamental knowledge of systems biology, genome structure its functions and methods of its research. Furthermore, graduates will acquire practical skill in bioinformatics.
- To develop the skills of independent research work
- To acquire practical skills needed in the molecular-genetic laboratory
- To understand basic programming, data processing and analysis of biological data
- To learn fundamental and methodological aspects of natural sciences
- To understand the importance of philosophical studies in the professional activity
- To advance the knowledge of foreign language in the relation to the professional research field.
- Molecular ecology
- Basics of bioinformatics
- Practical bioinformatics
- Population genetics
- Plant bioengineering
- Modern methods of analyzing multi-dimensional data in biology
- Theory of selection
- Human genetics
- Methods of molecular and genetic research
Upon the successful completion of the programme, graduates can work in research institutes which are members of the Academy of Sciences. The professional area would include the manipulation of the prokaryotic and eukaryotic genome. Moreover, it will be possible to be employed by institutions of higher and secondary education.
Graduates can continue their education by doing a PhD's programme
Duration: 2 years (120 ECTS)
Language of instruction: Russian