The Head of the Master's programme: Professor Tatyana Volova Doctor of Sciences (Biology), Professor, Head of Basic Department of Biotechnology of Siberian Federal University.
Specialist in the field of microbial physiology and biotechnology.
The purpose of the programme
Volova Tatyana Grigorevna
Head of the Basic Chair of Biotechnology, Professor, D.Sc.
Specialist in the field of miscrobial physiology and biotechnology.
* Physiology and biotechnology of microorganisms
* Synthesis of
: training of masters in the field of fundamental biology and biotechnology.
Students acquire knowledge of advanced achievements, trends and practical realization of a biotechnology:
- genetic engineering
- genomics and proteomics
- industrial microbiology
- molecular, ecological, medical, agricultural biotechnology
- development of new environmentally friendly biomaterials
- cell and tissue engineering
- cloning of plants
Contemporary problems and methods of biotechnology
Biotechnology — the latest trend of the complex biological and nonbiological sciences that combines the major achievements of XX-XXI century in the field of genetics and microbiology, bioengineering and biophysics, molecular biology and molecular genetics. Biotechnology has great significance for the development of scientific and technological progress and improving people's lives through the production of food and drugs of new generation, new environmentally friendly materials and products, more effective methods of diagnosis and treatment, management of resources of the biosphere.
The course "Contemporary problems and methods of biotechnology", provides for consideration of the theoretical foundations of biotechnology and the acquisition of knowledge about the methodology and key directions of modern biology, aimed at raising economic efficiency of biotechnology:
- proteomics, genetic engineering, gene diagnosis and gene therapy;
- advanced materials, methods for their synthesis and applications;
- modern methods of physicochemical analysis of cellular macromolecules and target products of biotechnology.
Materials for medicine, cell and tissue engineering
Researches into new biomaterials are one of the promising areas of modern biotechnology. The most relevant search special biocompatible materials for cell and tissue engineering related to the development of bioartificial organs. These studies are realized at the intersection of medicine, polymer chemistry, biotechnology, biophysics, molecular and cell biology. They include the following:
- development of new materials, methods of their modification and processing to specialized biomedical products;
- study of the mechanism of interaction of biomaterials with blood and tissue;
- evaluation of the physicochemical and biomedical properties of biomaterials and their products;
- experimental study and the rationale for the use of new materials and products.
The aim of the course to give knowledge about the latest directions of biotechnology integrate potential of biomedical materials science, cell culture and technology, tissue engineering, advanced technology of reconstructive biomedicine.
Microbial production takes one of leading places in the biotechnology industry and refers to the volume of products is constantly increasing, and the scope is steadily expanding. The successful development of the microbiological industry depends not only on knowledge production, but also on the ability to use knowledge in the field of microbiology, biochemistry, genetics and ecology of microorganisms in the solution of problems on creation of new microbial technologies. The purpose of this course is to develop in students the basic concepts about the functioning of microbial populations and the possibility of management in industrial production.
Sections of the course:
- microorganisms as objects of industrial cultivation;
- the core technology of food production and biologically active substances by microorganisms;
- evaluation of microbial products quality.
The selected chapters of biochemistry of microorganisms
Prokaryotes differ greatly in the chemical structure of important cellular macromolecules and the ability to carry out unique biochemical processes. In this regard, the purpose of this course is to give knowledge about the biochemical composition of cells of eubacteria and archaebacteria and place them in biochemical processes.
Sections of the course:
- structural components and features of the biochemical composition of prokaryotic cells;
- biochemical processes within cells;
- main types of bacterial and fungal metabolism;
- participation of microorganisms in the cycle of major nutrients.
Ecosystem microbiology is one of the sections of biology (ecology) of living organisms, which play an important role in biogeochemical cycles, processes, nitrogen fixation, photosynthesis and other global and local processes.
The purpose of discipline is to teach:
- structural-dynamic and functional patterns of development of microbial systems in natural soil and aquatic ecosystems; modern ideas about the role of microbial communities in biogeochemical processes of ecosystems at various levels;
- the role of microorganisms in the processes of degradation and synthesis of organic and inorganic substances in terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems;
- participation of microbial complexes in global and local circulation of substances.
The selected chapters of medical microbiology
Discipline focused on the formation of basic theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of medical microbiology, given that many infectious diseases in light of the recent scientific evidence have ecological foundation.
The purpose of discipline is to teach:
- the causes of penetration into the human population seems to have defeated dangerous pathogens and previously unknown infections;
- the mechanisms of pathogenicity factors in species and strains of the number of normal human microflora in a period of low level of immunity;
- natural reservoirs of parasitic organisms, the causes and mechanisms of "exit" from natural reservoirs;
- the main objectives and methods of laboratory diagnosis of bacterial, viral and fungal infections.
Environmental Biotechnology is a new trend that has great importance for environmental protection and natural resource management. The course includes review of sections of biotechnology, aimed at environment protecting from adverse effects of the technosphere:
- acquaintance with existing and emerging biotechnology-oriented processes for neutralization and disposal of industrial and domestic waste,
- the degradation of xenobiotics, biomonitoring and bioindication monitoring current changes in the biosphere, environmentally friendly biological process of reproduction of food, energy, mineral resources, organic manure and biopesticide as an alternative to existing chemical, metallurgical and other traditional processes.
Genetic engineering of industrial microorganisms and target products
The course introduces students to the objects, methods and possibilities of genetic engineering; give an idea on the construction of organisms that produce target products for pharmacology and human activities.
Aims of the course:
- study of the general principles of construction of recombinant organisms;
- formation of modern ideas about detection, transfer and expression of a target gene, as well making and isolating of target product;
- exploring the use of transgenic organisms (bacteria, plants and animals);
- methods and forms of control of biological safety of genetically modified foods of pharmacological and food industry;
- acquaintance with the legal aspects of using genetically modified organisms.
Processes and equipment of biotechnology
Aim of the course to introduce students with the mechanism, construction and operation of biotechnology equipment:
- rational choice of construction and scientific computation of machines and equipment for biotechnological processes
- methods of management processes in the bioreactor, and the optimal characterization of the cultivation
- methods of commercial operation of equipment for maximum productivity at minimum inputs.
Biotechnology of target products
Microbiological synthesis takes one of the leading places in the modern industrial biotechnology. The presence of a wide variety of biotechnological processes which have found industrial application, makes it necessary to study not only the common problems associated with the creation of any biotechnological production, but also the various stages of production, depending on the ultimate goal. The aim of the course is to study technological aspects of getting the target products of microbial synthesis: enzymes, antibiotics, probiotics, vitamins, amino acids, hormones, vaccines and other bioactive compounds.
Mathematical modeling of biotechnology processes
Current trends in biotechnology require improving the quality of training in engineering-chemical cycle of academic disciplines, due to the necessity of intensification and upgrading of existing productions, their integration and combination, the development of clean and waste-free production, the creation of energy and resource-saving technologies.
Discipline integrates the knowledge of the basic regularities and peculiarities in the chemical, microbiological and enzymatic kinetics. Considerable space is devoted to the study to the study of mathematical models of enzymatic catalysis processes, periodic and continuous cultivation of microorganisms with the influence of various physico-chemical factors and their analysis. We consider methods for determining the quantitative characteristics of enzyme catalysis, growth and development of microbial cultures and the synthesis of target products, the calculation of the optimal synthesis conditions.
24 months, since September
RESEARCH AND EDUCATIONAL PERSONNEL
Shishackaya Ekaterina Igorevna
Head of the Chair for Medical Biology — ...
Ludmila Alekseevna Frank
Natalia Vasilievna Zobova
Mironov Petr Viktorovich
D.Sc., Professor at the Basic Chair for Biotechnology, IMB&BT
Specialist in physical and chemical research methods of biomolecules and biotechnology
Nikolay Dmitrievich Sorokin
Specialist in the field of environmental microbiology
Prudnikova Svetlana Vladislavna
Professor of the Basic Department of Biotechnology
ecology and physiology of microorganisms, microbial biotechnology.
1989-1994 Krasnoyarsk State University, Chair for
Boyandin Anatolii Nikolaevich
Associate professor of the Basic Chair for Biotechnology,
Ph.D. in Biology
Properties and modification of biopolymers; Mixtures and composites; Biological and chemical degradation of polyesters.
Elena Nikolaevna Afanasova
Associate professor, Ph.D. in Biology
Natalia Ivanovna Sarmatova
Associate professor, Ph.D. in Biology
Specialist in the field of medical microbiology
Inna Leonidovna Milyutina
Senior lecturer, Ph.D. in Biology
Goncharov Dmitrii Borisovich
2nd year graduate student Department of Biotechnology IFBiBT base of the Siberian Federal University.
Education: Graduate of IFBiBT SFU in 2010, received a bachelor's degree in the direction of "Biology".
Vinogradova Olga Nikolaevna
Second-year Master of the Basic Chair for Biotechnology Institute of Fundamental Biology and Biotechnology, Siberian Federal University.
Education: Kokshetau State University of Sh. Ualikhanov. The bachelor degree ...